Muscovy Duck

Muscovy Duck
Roosting on the gate

2011 - My second year of blogging in Brittany

I felt I would like to share some of the photographs I have taken so far this year and some from other years. I live in a beautiful part of Brittany and just love being here. It's a lovely place to photograph and enjoy being in through all the seasons and hopefully this blog will show you where I live my life.



Friday, September 21, 2012

Exploring 22 with a friend from England

I have a lovely few days with Pats, a good friend from Cornwall, who has been staying with me. We have been really lucky with the weather this week and have walked every day and visited interesting places where I had never been before. I particularly liked the town of Moncontour.

 
The sunshine lit up the stone houses and brought the town to life.
 
 
 









 
 
 
There were lots of paths which we walked along taking us up out of the town straight into the countryside and we spent a very pleasant time wandering about there.
 

 
We also went up to Lannion market - a huge market - which had wonderful veggies and fruit and food being cooked at different stalls by people from different parts of the world.
 
I bought some lovely plums - huge ones - as big as oranges, fresh figs, an enormous bunch of watercress and could have bought much more.
 
 
 
From the market we drove towards Tregou Trevignec where a ex-neighbour now lives and stopped for lunch at a roadside restaurant where we had an unexpectedly good lunch at the Restaurant Basque in Louannec, La Villa Belza.  Excellent starter of warm goats cheese in a galette with salad and a good dressing.  This was followed by layers of sautéd potatoes with gammon slices, pancetta, mozarella and red pepper with aubergine, courgettes, tomatoes and another lovely dressing.  Pats finished her meal with chocolate mousse and I indulged in crème brulée scattered with pear.  The presentation and the quality of the food was excellent and was a mixture of Breton and Basque.  The waitress was friendly and the restaurant was clean and welcoming - a good find.  We had water with our meal and chose not to have coffee.  The bill was just under €30 (£24). 
 
Afterwards we drove on hoping to find the house of my ex-neighbour and did.  We had coffee and a chat with her and her family before walking down to the beach and back.
 
The tide was out and Pats sat very close to a rock which looked as if it could fall into the sea at any moment.
 





















There were lots of camper vans parked up in the car park overlooking the bay - a lovely place to spend some time.




































This morning we drove to Guingamp station so Pats could catch her train to Paris as the first bit of her journey back to London.  The sunrise was lovely as I drove back home afterwards.




















These silos are at the end of the lane where I turn off the main road just over two miles from home in silhouette.

Three things I like:

1.   Having visitors and sharing my life for a while, visiting places I wouldn't go to if I didn't have a visitor to show around.
2.   Realising that it's the last day of Summer today and that a new season begins tomorrow.
3.   Trying new things - this afternoon - tai chi!

2 comments:

  1. keep up your lovely blog. the photos are super as usual. Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kat. I seem to get weeks where I don't stop photographing and then perhaps the weather is bad or something stops me for a week and then I'm off again. During my friend's visit we were very lucky with the sunshine. Within hours of her leaving the rain came down in stair rods.

    ReplyDelete